What is Massage?
Massage is a hands-on therapeutic practice that manipulates muscles and limbs with the aim to treat muscles that are damaged, knotted or tense.
Trained therapists will use a combination of pressure, massage and stretching to penetrate the muscle and stimulate the body’s mechanisms to repair itself.
Massage can be effective for reducing muscle pain, relieving chronic pain, increasing blood flow and can even help in reducing stress.
Benefits of Remedial Massage
Remedial massage is different some of other forms of massage, which are more relaxtion based. It is more intensive and aims to treat muscles that are damaged, knotted, tense or immobile.
A remedial massage therapist undergoes training to gain knowledge of anatomy and physiology.They can assess your body and use specific techniques to address your personal needs.
Remedial massage can be performed in conjunction with other health professionals such as a Physiotherapist as part of a whole treatment plan.
- Releasing tension and tightness in the muscles.
- Encourages blood flow & oxygen to injured areas
- Increases the range of joint motion
- Prevention and management of sports and soft tissue injuries
- Can treat a wide range of health disorders
- Reduces stress
- Decreasing pain and alleviating chronic pain conditions
- Can improve problems such as headaches, abdominal pain, low back pain and sciatic pain
- Breaking down and healing of scar tissue post-surgical operation